Sunday, July 5, 2015

Three weeks with Coco Chanel by Douglas Kirkland published by Glitterati


Coco Chanel: Three Weeks/1962, Limited Edition by Douglas Kirkland, published by Glitterati Incorporated

Everyone wants to get closer to genius, to understand where it comes from and how it flourishes. A young Douglas Kirkland managed just that when in August 1962 the legendary photographer was granted three weeks with Coco Chanel.
Published to celebrate the 125th anniversary of Chanel's birth, the stunning black and white shots give fantastic insights into "Mademoiselle's" life as an established designer, tastemaker and woman.



"She spoke to me in English. She gave me the green light to photograph just about anything I wanted. She seemed to take me in in some way; I never fully understood why. I wonder if I was the son she never had, or if she recognised in my uncertain ways some of her own insecurities as a young girl." Kirkland told the Daily Telegraph in 2014.

Chanel, a controversial and innovative fashion icon invented modern clothing stripping down corsets and feathers, liberating women and giving them simplicity and freedom, bobbing their hair, introducing the most-sold fragrance ever Chanel No. 5 and later collaborating with Picasso, Diaghilev, Stravinsky, Cocteau and Visconti matching their modern and pioneering visions.



This amazing and luxurious book, published by Glitterati Incorporated, catpures a genius at the apogee of her talent - Jackie Kennedy had embraced her "tailleur" only a few months before and she was having another breakthrough with her little black dress.


"This is about who I was, who she was, and how she affectedmy life." Douglas Kirkland - from his introduction.

More details on Glitterati Incorporated: http://glitteratiincorporated.com/

1 comment:

Blogger said...

I've just downloaded iStripper, so I can have the sexiest virtual strippers on my desktop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...